Drain Fly Control
Get rid of your pests immediately.
- Available all day
- You will be helped immediately
- Resolved within 24 hours
- Local pest controller
- High customer satisfaction
Rated with a 9.2!
10+ Years Experience
Local Pest Control
5 Star Rating!
Drain fly control
When you discover drain flies in your home, it is time to take action immediately. These critters that fall under the mosquito family do not sting. Therefore, they sound quite harmless. Nevertheless, it is very important to control Drain flyes. This is because they are carriers of many diseases and bacteria. You do not want these critters in your home. The control of drain flies is best left to a professional pest controller. A can of bug spray is certainly not enough to fight drain flies. Opt for a thorough and professional approach by a pest controller.
Drain fly nuisance? These are the main symptoms:
First of all, it is important to establish that you are dealing with Drain flyes. Drain flies are tiny critters about four millimeters long. They have large wings and a hairy head. At first glance, they look more like butterflies than mosquitoes.
These mosquitoes reproduce in water. Have you left a puddle in the sink or left a container of water? If so, chances are they are breeding here. Do you see these little critters especially in damp places? Then chances are you are dealing with drain flies. drain flies can lay 10 to 200 eggs at a time. So a drain fly infestation can occur quickly.
Where do drain flies come from?
drain flies can come from anywhere. Many drain flies come from the sewer system. Has your sewer suffered from flooding? Then drain flies can take their chance. drain flies are very sensitive to damp places so make sure your home is moisture-free and don’t leave trays of water.
What should you especially not do?
The worst way to control drain flies is by not being consistent. Do you tackle drain flies one day but do not continue your approach? Then they can reproduce again quickly. It is important that you remain steadfast in your approach. Too much pesticide is also not a good solution. You can certainly control a lot of drain flies this way, but it is not good for your home or your health.
When you suffer from Drain flyes, you should never leave water standing. Always wash your dishes immediately or put dirty dishes directly into the dishwasher.
What can you do?
You can break the reproduction of Drain flyes yourself. Make sure there is no water available in the house where they can breed. Many drain flies breed in the damp drain of the shower drain or sink. Pour a few gallons of boiling water through these daily to break down reproduction. To get rid of drain flies immediately, it is best to call in a professional pest controller in your area.
How can you prevent drain flies?
drain flies cannot always be prevented. Sometimes a lot of water in the sewer system can cause drain flies to come up by themselves. Still, you can prevent drain flies by not leaving puddles of water behind. Make sure your countertop is clean and dry and your bathroom is dry to prevent drain flies.
Fighting drain flies? Follow these 5 tips:
- Break breeding. The best way to prevent a Drain fly infestation is to address the source of the evil. Make sure the drain flies cannot reproduce to prevent an infestation.
- Mapping. With an (electric) fly swatter, you can swat all visible moth gnats. This is time-consuming, but often has good results.
- Plap the drain. Many eggs are laid in the drain. By taping these, moths cannot get in or out of here. Tape the drain and when you open it again, immediately run boiling water to get rid of the Drain flyes.
- Insect spray. It takes a lot of bug spray if you want to get rid of all the Drain flyes, but it can be a first step. Spray bug spray on areas where Drain flyes like to be. Spray in the kitchen and drains so the moths don’t get in there.
- A clean house. drain flies descend on moisture and dirty locations. Therefore, make sure your home is always clean. Remove dirt from drains and make sure no water remains in the bathroom. By keeping your home spick and span, you can easily prevent drain flies. Do you want to control drain flies? Then make sure your home is clean first.
Did you succeed in fighting drain flies by yourself? That’s great news! Just can’t seem to get rid of drain flies in your home? Then make sure you hire a professional pest controller to get rid of Drain flyes in your home once and for all. Drain fly control is crucial for a healthy home and living environment. Tackle it thoroughly with a professional pest controller.
Looking for a pest contoller?
Look no further, we have got you covered!